Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Are the Covid-19 vaccines working? Are they reducing the number of cases yet?

This is the answer to a question above, asked on the Quora website, and answered by Sean Ballington. I have asked his permission to publish it on my blog - as it is not only a brilliant answer - it is entirely accurate.

According to the government...

If I get vaccinated:

1.- Can I stop wearing the mask?

        Government Response - No

2.- Can they reopen restaurants, pubs, bars etc and everyone work normally?

        Government Response - No

3.- Will I be resistant to covid?

        Government Response - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it

4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore?

        Government Response - No you can still pass it on, possibly, nobody knows.

5.- If we vaccinate all children, will school resume normally?

        Government Response - No

6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?

        Government Response - No

7.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands?

        Government Response - No

8.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandfather, can we hug each other?

        Government Response - No

9.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums be reopened thanks to vaccines?

        Government Response - No

10.- Will the vaccinated be able to gather?

        Government Response - No

11.- What is the real benefit of vaccination?

        Government Response - The virus won't kill you.

12.- Are you sure it won't kill me?

        Government Response - No

13.- If statistically the virus won't kill me anyway ... Why would I get vaccinated?"

        Government Response - To protect others.

14.- So if I get vaccinated, the others are 100% sure I'm not infecting them?

        Government Response - No

So to summarise, the Covid19 vaccine...

  • Does not give immunity.

  • Does not eliminate the virus.

  • Does not prevent death.

  • Does not guarantee you won’t get it.

  • Does not prevent you from getting it.

  • Does not stop you passing it on

  • Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.

  • Does not eliminate the need for business closures.

  • Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.

  • Does not eliminate the need for masking.

  • So...what the fook is it actually doing?

So according to Sean the vaccines are a waste of time and public money. I could not agree with him more!